108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL180 G5 firmware maintenance cd

SOLVED
Go to solution
Root Charlie
Occasional Advisor

DL180 G5 firmware maintenance cd

Which version of the Firmware Maintenance CD i should use to update a firmware for the e200 controller? Have FreeBSD 7.1 installed.
13 REPLIES 13
Root Charlie
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL180 G5 firmware maintenance cd

Run 8.40 FMCD but cann't update e200 firmware cause "Return Code 7". What's this mean? How i can resolve this error?
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

The firmware maintenance CD is not designed for Proliants 100 Server series. You need to download each firmware and update it from the following link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3580699&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3580698&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#2926

Root Charlie
Occasional Advisor

I successfuly updated firmware for hdds from 8.40 FMCD, but can't update firmware for e200 ("Return code 7"). Have no Windows or Linux but FreeBSD only installed. So i can flash only from live cd like FMCD 8.40.

Root Charlie
Occasional Advisor

Can somebody give me real help? Is there hp tech specs?
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Download the SmartStart Scripting Toolkit for Linux. The Users Manual explains how to make it a bootable CD or USB key. When your creating the CD image copy in the .scexe files you need for your updates

The SSSTK basically will boot you into a Linux kernel RAM drive so you can run the .scexe files

The SSSTK for Linux is near the bottom of the page

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantessentials/foundationpack/downloads.html

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Does the SmartStart Scripting Toolkit works to update the firmware also? I thought it was for drivers. If so, that's good to know.
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Just in case:

Firmware CD Supplemental Update Smart Array E200 and E200i
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1157688&swItem=MTX-3ccda701540547ed994050ee41&prodNameId=3182559&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1

Installation:

To update firmware from Linux operating system on target server:

Login as root. (You must be root in order to apply the ROM update.)
Place the Smart Component in a temporary directory.
From the same directory, execute the Smart Component. For example: ./CPXXXXXX.scexe
Follow the directions given by the Smart Component.
Reboot your system if you would like the update to take effect immediately.
To use HP Smart Update Manager on the Firmware Maintenance CD version 7.50 and later:

Place the Firmware Maintenance CD on a USB key using the HP USB Key Creator Utility.
Place the desired firmware to be updated in the directory, /compaq/swpackages on the USB key.
Boot from the newly created Firmware Maintenance USB key.
Follow HP Smart Update Manager steps to complete firmware update.

Root Charlie
Occasional Advisor

Try to flash e200 controller... But... .swexe with v.1.80 failed with "Segmentation fault"... Will try another version of flasher...

P.S. Or may be have another ideas?