ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1756030 Members
4557 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 Drive Array Error

Stephen J. Tresco

DL380 Drive Array Error

We have a Proliant DL380 1st Gen. server that has been in production for quite some time. Two day ago it crashed. It did not generate any errors so i restarted the machine and have been watching it. Last night it crashed and tried to re-boot. When I came in this moring, i foung the following error on the screen:
1777 Slot 0 Drive Array Proliant Storage Enlosure Problem Detected.
SCSI Port 2: Wide SCSI Transfer Failed - Check SCSI Cables.
I have checked the cables and everything seems fine. The machine is running again, but i'm expecting another crash. What can i do to trouble shoot and fix this issue?
3 REPLIES 3
ron fisher_1
Advisor

I assume you've tried re-seating the hard drives and checking your cabling and the cage.

If it is still in warranty, I'd get HP to send you a new motherboard since it has the integrated controller.

If not under warranty.. if you've got an extra array controller laying around you may be able to disable the onboard and pop the other in. Hopefully you won't have to rebuild the OS to do this.
Looking down the barrel of another day
Jeffrey Yadzinski_1

We had the same problem with one of our servers recently (Gen 1 DL380) and it finally came down to the motherboard. We did try replacing all other hardware first, but the motherboard finally did the trick. Good Luck!
Stephen J. Tresco

Well, i figured it was the system board. I contacted HP and they are sending me a new one. We'll see what happens when it gets here.