1756277 Members
2319 Online
108843 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G2 SCSI LED Issues

Carl Carlso

DL380 G2 SCSI LED Issues

Hi,
I have a DL380 G2 with 6 hard drives. Only one of the lights comes on for the hard drives. The drives work, I am able to use them without issue, but none of the lights come on.

I replaced the backplane, and after that the activity (the one shaped like an error) LED stays solid on top drive in the center column. The rest of the LEDs work fine.

I believe this issue occured due to damage during shipping.

So my question is, what else could possibly be causing this problem? Could it be the SCSI controller, or perhaps the motherboard?

Any and all information is appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL380 G2 SCSI LED Issues

Hi, Carl,

Download this file and run a diagnostic, it will tell you if one of the HDDs is having errors:

It's the same link for both win 2000 & Win 2003:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24283.html

I really don't think this is a SA-Controller issue.. You can also try to run:

Array Diagnostics Utility -> Provides detailed information about any error on any HDD but is harder to understand it without a some Utility to read it and analize it. I can help you analyze it if you attach it here.

Array Configuration Utility -> It will tell you what the current configuration is and what every HDD is doing at the current time.

You can download everything from here:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/family/model/1342.html?lang=en&cc=us

Let Us know if more help is needed.
Carl Carlso

Re: DL380 G2 SCSI LED Issues

Actually I figured out part of the issue.

I was looking more closely at the backplane that was broken, and it turns out the LEDs were busted off.

I think this is from the caddy's hitting the backplane during shipping or perhaps forceful insertion.(never a good thing)

Even still, this doesn't solve the mystery of the led on the top center drive staying on. In my first post I also meant that the activity light was shaped like an ARROW, not an error.

I'll run those diagnostics anyway just to see what comes up. Thanks for the links!