1698 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 G6 Shuts down after POST

MattL-B
Visitor

DL380 G6 Shuts down after POST

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with my current woes.....

This server used to boot fine but after leaving it plugged in but powered dwon for a couple of months I now encounter an issue where during POST the system reports that fans 2 & 3 are missing even though they are present and spinning.  This is detected as a critical error and powers down the system after 5 seconds

I have moved the offending fans to slots 5 & 6 (this is a single processor system) and now I don't get the warnings about the missing fans but the system still shuts down (without the count down).

I've read that this may be solved by udpating the BIOS but the system doesn't stay powered on long enough to enable me to do this.

Please help....

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 G6 Shuts down after POST

Hi,

You may try the following:

1. Switch OFF the server and clear the NVRAM from the System Maintenance Switch.

2. If still issue persist, remove additional hardwares like, DIMM, Add-On cards, etc.

3. Try with minimum DIMM.

Good Luck

Thank You!

I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

MattL-B
Visitor

Re: DL380 G6 Shuts down after POST

Thanks,

I've tried both of these and still no luck.  Think it's probably a motherboard problem given that the fasn work but are not reconised on POST