6263 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G7 UID Light turns on by itself

CrazyblocksTech
Collector

DL380 G7 UID Light turns on by itself

Hardware: Dual Xeon E5640, 48GB DDR3 RDIMM, 2x148GB SAS 10k, NC364T 4xGBit PCI

I have a HP ProLiant DL380 G7 that recently the UID light comes on by itself. Before this started happening, it was running for a few months. I am able to boot into Linux and access the webserver (Rocket.Chat on port 3000). When the UID light comes on, I am not able to access anything on the server but the OS is still running as there is the login prompt. Pressing the UID button does not do anything. I have disabled iLO, it is not needed as it is a local server.

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

The main idea behind this UID indicator is to help you to physically identify a server in your data center (in a rack or in your datacentre even).

When you logon to the iLO remote management port of the ProLiant server, this UID will blink on/off i.e.

The Unit Identification Light (UID): The UID helps you identify and locate a system, especially in high-density rack environments. Additionally, the UID is used to indicate that a critical operation is underway on the host

The following circumstances cause the UID to blink:

Remote Console is currently active.
Upgrade of iLO Firmware is in progress.
The UID continues to blink until the circumstances causing it to blink subside. The UID reverts to the current state when the cause of the blinking is gone.

Turn Unit ID On

Clicking this button sets the current state of the UID On. However, blinking the UID overrides this state until the cause has subsided.
The UID current state can also be toggled by pressing the physical button on the front of your system (or on the back, if supported). The UID is blue when lit.

Turn Unit ID Off

Clicking this button sets the current state of the UID Off. However, blinking the UID overrides this state until the cause has subsided.
The UID current state can also be toggled by pressing the physical button on the front of your system (or on the back, if supported). The UID has no color when it is off.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

AlexKous
Occasional Advisor

I've got the same problem, however the UID light turns on AFTER the server is shut down. When the button is pressed, the light will turn off, then instantly turn back on again. When pressed again, the light will turn off. Any solutions to this?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @AlexKous,

Thank you for writing to us! 

Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo