108862 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 gen 7 os install error

SOLVED
Go to solution
heloooooo
Advisor

DL380 gen 7 os install error

I am facing DL380 gen 7 os install error.

os is trying to install 2012R2, and the hp community is trying to answer various solutions, but the solution is not working well.

There are too many parts that I do not know, so it seems that the part where I can't respond correctly to the measures that give an answer makes it difficult to solve the problem.

I want to install os on DL380 gen 7
I just want to try the installation by disabling the raid controller.

If you delete all the raids, the hard disk will not be visible during the os installation phase

After configuring the raid, if you proceed with the installation

There is no Windows on this disk. The hardware of this computer cannot boot from this disk. Make sure you have enabled the disk's controller in your computer's BIOS.

I get this error message.

We look forward to waiting for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

I understand you are looking to install windows 2012 R2 on DL380 G7.

Do you see the P420i controller getting initialised on POST? If not, do you see any error?

Please check the following points:

1. System ROM is 07/02/13 or later- as this is the minimum test ROM version for windows 2012 R2. You can check the ROM version from iLO/BIOS/During POST.
2. Please access RBSU (F9 on POST), and go to Boot Controller Order menu and set P410i at first boot controller (Ctlr:1). Save the settings in RBSU.
3. Boot the server using a SmartStart CD, access Array configuration Utility and configure the desired RAID.

Download link-HP SmartStart CD x64: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_2e6c41afdb8c4c0d9bffce484c#tab1

4. Boot from the windows 2012 R2 media and on the load driver screen, you can use the controller driver from web-link below. Please download and "extract" the driver in a FAT32 formatted USB key.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_88fc4cead4ee433cb69e5e2afb&swEnvOid=4138#tab1

Note: If you get the same error as before, then please use a different copy of windows 2012 R2 image and check.

Please be informed that AHCI mode on P410i on a DL380 G7 is unsupported. Hence you have to configure RAID volumes on it. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
heloooooo
Advisor

Thank you so much for answering my question,

1. System ROM is 07/02/13 or later- as this is the minimum test ROM version for windows 2012 R2. You can check the ROM version from iLO/BIOS/During POST.

I have not been able to confirm it accurately.

I will write it in the next answer.

However, I got the same error message when installing 2008, and so did 2002.

2.Please access RBSU (F9 on POST), and go to Boot Controller Order menu and set P410i at first boot controller (Ctlr:1). Save the settings in RBSU.

Finished. But I have the same error.

3. Boot the server using a SmartStart CD, access Array configuration Utility and configure the desired RAID.

If you install after configuring the RAID, the CD-ROM will eject the SmartStart CD in the middle. So I proceeded with the installation from the OS CD after configuring the raid, but the first said error appears.

4.Boot from the windows 2012 R2 media and on the load driver screen, you can use the controller driver from web-link below. Please download and "extract" the driver in a FAT32 formatted USB key.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_88fc4cead4ee433cb69e5e2afb&swEnvOid=4138#tab1

Go to the link below, put it in USB after downloading, and load it through driver loading during OS installation, but there is no response and the error is still in progress.

Any other solutions I might try?

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

I see that have mentioned that same error is seen while installing 2008, and 2020.

--> Please delete the RAID configuration.
--> Go to RBSU (F9) and performed a factory reset of the BIOS.
--> Set P410i at first boot controller after factory reset.
--> Configure RAID
--> Attempt OS installation and if you still see the same error, please share a screenshot.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
heloooooo
Advisor

Hello
Thank you for your response.

Raid Delete BIOS Initialization Raid configuration I tried setting the boot controller p410i.
But I still get the same error and the error content is
There is no Windows on this disk. The hardware of this computer cannot boot from this disk. Make sure you have enabled the disk controller in your computer's BIOS.

It's roughly like this.

In addition, I wonder if the SPP update includes a BIOS update.

I will attach a picture of the error.

It is written in Korean.KakaoTalk_20201124_163743315.jpg

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

I understand that the following error is seen while installing 2008, and 2020.

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu"

Please confirm disk partition is MBR. Steps to convert to MBR in web-link below. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/disk-management/change-a-gpt-disk-into-an-mbr-disk 

Also please ensure the OS boot image is created using correct method. You can try different methods like, USB, DVD and booting from iLO virtual media. 

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
heloooooo
Advisor
Solution

I got this error because I did not specify the boot disk in the raid setting screen.

Now I have solved it.

Thank you so much for your continued interest and response.

I hope it is full of good things