ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1757033 Members
2173 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Driver not found while installing RHEL 4 for DL180 G5 (Smart Array P400)

Foon Chan

Driver not found while installing RHEL 4 for DL180 G5 (Smart Array P400)

I'm installing RHEL 4 for the new DL180 G5. Following the instruction, I enter "linux dd" at the installation welcome screen and loaded the Smart Array driver by the diskette builded by the SmartStart CD.

However, after I choose local CDROM as the installation media, it still show "No Driver Found", the message is "unable to find any devices of the type needed for the installation type. Would you like to manually select your driver and use a driver disk?".

I have no idea about that. Is there any other driver I needed to provide for it?
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Driver not found while installing RHEL 4 for DL180 G5 (Smart Array P400)

Foon Chan

Thx for your reply.

As it is still during the installation, I'm not using the rpm driver but the driver diskette (I've try both in the smart start CD and HP website). It still doesn't work.

However, I am wondering is that driver support my RHEL 4 version, I'm trying obtain the latest update at Redhat.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

I don't know what you are with Smartstart but just to let you SmartStart CD is not support on 100 Series servers like DL180 g5 it's only intended for 300 - 500 - 700 servers even if your 100 has a p400 - e200 - p800 - ... it won't work
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!