2382 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: For what device it is intended given PCI the interface on server DL 160 G6

sys-teh
Occasional Contributor

For what device it is intended given PCI the interface on server DL 160 G6

All kind day!

On the server is available PCI x4 the interface connected through Riser Card, the reduced forms of the factor. The given interface is intended for what devices?

Photos are applied

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
TVVJ
HPE Pro

The notes contained in the server’s quickspecs throws more light. Click the following link to access the server’s quickspecs:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13247_div/13247_div.HTML

Click Configuration Information - Factory Integrated Models, scroll down to HP Storage Controllers under Step-2. Review the fourth note which reads as follows:

“To use the internal only PCI-e slot when purchasing the Hot Plug CTO Chassis, a HP Smart Array P410 controller must be selected.”

Thus, when the chassis selected is a Hot Plug CTO Chassis, the internal only PCI-e slot is meant for HP Smart Array P410 controller.

There is no specific mention about what could be installed in this slot in a Non-Hot Plug chassis. As this is an internal only PCI-e slot, it would at best be used to provide support to additional hard drives and for this model server, needs a hot plug chassis. Hence, it could be said that this is meant only for HP Smart Array P410 controller.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

sys-teh
Occasional Contributor

You excuse me, but you looked the enclosed photos, in particular a photo DSC00865.JPG
Explain as though to me to find room for the controler specified by you for HP Smart Array P410, in given PCI

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Remove the bracket from the Smart Array P410 controller and install the card in the slot. Connect the SAS/SATA cables connected below it to this controller.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo