1757309 Members
3769 Online
108860 Solutions
New Discussion

HP DL380 G7 - IO Accelerator Card(s) Issue

tyoung44
Occasional Contributor

HP DL380 G7 - IO Accelerator Card(s) Issue

I have a customer that has several DL 380 G7's that are having issues with running fio-attach and fio-detach. They have replaced over 7 cards in the last few weeks and I am not convinced the cards are actually faulty. The fio-attach on one server goes to approximately 80% and the comes back with "Operation not permitted."    They also have one server that will not actually detach /dev/fct1.  I have ran fio-status on the server that will not attach and the device shows "Flashback active on: 2/8,"  also shows "Media status: Healthy: Reserves: 100%, warn at 10%; Data: 99.21%"

I have ran the fio-bugreport but unfortunately due to our site location/type I cannot forward this information.  Are there some things I can look at?  We have upgraded the drivers for the IO Accelerator cards.  Would upgrading the Proliant Service Pack be of any help?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
tyoung44
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP DL380 G7 - IO Accelerator Card(s) Issue

Additional inforamtion: /var/log/messages has the following error during the fio-attach after approx. 45% status:

kernel: fioerr HP 640GB MLC PCIe ioDrive for Proliant Servers 0000:0f:00.0: failed scanning data log
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: HP DL380 G7 - IO Accelerator Card(s) Issue

Hello,

firmware is up2date?

Jan