108862 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ML110 G4 Windows Server 2003 and SpeedStep

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marc T
Advisor

I already did that too but the freq did not change. Thanks for your help. The best thing seems to be calling HP for direct support.
Ryan Goff
Valued Contributor

Please reply if you find a solution, I'd like to know what fixes it.
KMullins
Frequent Advisor

Do you have a option in the bios to enable or disable Dynamic Power savings mode?

As from what i seen on the higher range proliants the 3040 is qualified to work with Dynamic Power savings mode, but it does not mention the Ml10G4 this could be a limitation of the systems bios itself...

link:
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/ilo/sup_servers.html

Your best bet would be to give hp a call just to double check it is supported on this system.
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Does this system have an ILO port?
there you may find under "virtual devices -> power regulator" the option you look for

attached an example, but this specific model does not yet have this option yet.

Pieter
Marc T
Advisor

No, this server does not have an ILO port. The SpeedStep option in the bios is the only option for any kind of power saving.
Marc T
Advisor

Some news: I checked the power consumption of the system with an external power meter and notified that under a cpu load of 50% the consumption rises about 20W. So it seems that SpeedStep actually works but Windows isnt able to recognize frequency changes on this particular processor without external software. With the latest version of a program called cpu-z i could determine that the multiplicator changes from 6x to 7x under cpu load.