Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP NC110T on DL 180 G5

itiks.ru
Occasional Contributor

HP NC110T on DL 180 G5

Hi, all.
I want buy server ProLiant DL180 G5. This server have one RJ-45 Ethernet Card. So I want buy HP NC110T. This two RJ-45 Ethernet Card I want make Link Aggregation(see http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-009747.htm)
Are RJ-45 Ethernet Cards on ProLiant DL180 G5 and HP NC110T supports Link Aggregation?

5 REPLIES
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Re: HP NC110T on DL 180 G5

Hi,

you should be able to team them.

Check :

The NC150T is an integrated 4-port switch and gigabit adapter that fits into a single PCI slot. It is the first switch on a NIC available today and is supported on most HP ProLiant 100 and 300 series servers.

Product information
» Overview & Features
» Key benefits
» Questions & Answers

Questions

General
1. What is the NC110T?
2. What are the standard features of the NC110T?
3. What's new about the NC110T compared to earlier ProLiant server Gigabit NIC products?
4. Where can I get the NC110T?
5. Can the NC110T be teamed with other NC-series Ethernet adapters, either Intel or Broadcom network processor based?
Technology
1. With what certifications does the NC110T comply?
2. What IEEE standards does the NC110T comply with?
3. What operating systems does the NC110T support?
4. The NC110T has less onboard memory than its predecessors, the NC1020 and the NC7771, so won't there be a performance impact?
Health & Management
1. What management solutions are available for the NC110T?
Service and Warranty
1. What is the warranty on the NC110T?
2. Are HP Care Pack Services available?

Answers

General
Q1. What is the NC110T?
A1. The NC110T is a 10/100/1000Mps server adapter that has been designed, developed, and tested to meet the needs of ProLiant server customers. The NC110T supports a 1 lane (x1) PCI Express bus and is based on the PCIe v1.0a standard and ships with support for all major network operating systems.

Q2. What are the standard features of the NC110T?
A2. The standard features of the NC110T include:
IEEE 802.3ab (Gigabit specification for twisted-pair), IEEE 802.3x (flow control), 802.1Q (VLAN tagging), 802.3p (packet priority), and 802.3ad (link aggregation)
Bus Type: PCI Express 1.0a
Bus Width: x1 Lane
48KB onboard memory
Cold boot Wake-on-LAN (WOL)
64-bit memory addressing
Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
Advanced server features such as: Network Fault Tolerance, Transmit Load Balancing, and Switch-assisted Load Balancing
Standard (full height) and low-profile (half-height) brackets

Q3. What's new about the NC110T compared to earlier ProLiant server Gigabit NIC products?
A3. The new features that the NC110T offers that are not included with previous single port copper Gigabit NIC products are:
Intel 82572GI PCIe Gigabit controller
Flexible to order and install - either standard or low profile capability with only 1 sku
Fully RoHS compliant for the European market
Supports TCP Checksum and Segmentation (LSO) offloading to reduce CPU utilization.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/networking/nc110t/questionsanswers.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN#a5

"Q5. Can the NC110T be teamed with other NC-series Ethernet adapters, either Intel or Broadcom network processor based?
A5. Yes, the NC110T can be teamed with other NC-series Ethernet adapters. The ProLiant teaming software is common across the NC-series of Ethernet adapters"

And from the teaming whitepaper :

"To team multiple ports together for load balancing, all ports must be capable of supporting a common speed"

So there should be no problem, although they use different driver

regards
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Hi,

the HP NC110T PCI Express Gigabit Server Adapter option part 434905-B21 it is supported in the dl180 g5.

and for the link aggregation "known as NIC's teaming " can be easily archive using HP-NCU (network configuration utility) version 9.10.0.0

regards,
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Oops, now I saw that by mistake I copied the whole site...wanted only the Q5 and A5, sorry
itiks.ru
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for answer.

Regards,
itiks.ru
Occasional Contributor

I have found a solution to this question.