1756990 Members
2318 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Server

openflow
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Server

Hi All I am using HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Server . I want to put an ISO image on the server , usually we use virtual box in ubuntu machine. How can we put iso or a image in HP server and use it. I dont want to upgrade the iso of the server but put the image on the server as use it as a running virtual machine on the server. Can anyone please guide me how i can do this installation through cli Is their any installation guide for the same? I am new to the set up , can anyone please guide me with the installations step by step. I am accessing the server through ssh. So want to know how can we do the set up through cli or is their any other method to install the vm on server? Thnaks in advance, waiting for a reply.

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Server

Hi,

If I understand your query, you are trying to install a VM on a Bare Metal Server.

To install a VM you need a base operating system which supports VM, for example VMware or Windows with Hyper-V.

If this is not the case, then explain what are you trying to install on which OS?

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo