ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1756646 Members
2731 Online
108849 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant DL360 G4p hard drive upgrade

Cruz Rodriguez

HP Proliant DL360 G4p hard drive upgrade

I have a HP Proliant DL360 G4p that is running a mirrored array with two 36 gig drives. I have switched those out with two 72 gig drives. What utility do I use and what are the steps to utilize the entire drive space without deleting the old array configuration? Can it be done that way or does the array need to be deleted, which would result in loosing all data?
5 REPLIES 5
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

posted in completely the wrong forum,
moved to more appropriate forum
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Cruz Rodriguez

Thanks. I believe that has answered my question. I will go thru the steps you outlined and post an update after.

Thanks again.
Cruz Rodriguez

Just a quick question. In planning downtime, how long should I plan on the server being down if I am going from a mirrored array of two 36 gig drives to two 72 gig drives? for planning purposes..
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

You don't need a downtime, just make sure that there will be no activity on the server during drive rebuilding. Set Rebuild Priority to "high" using ACU. Rebuilding should take no more than 10-15 minutes, so it would be maximum 30 minutes for both drives.