New Discussion юеВ

HPE-Extract-CustomSppDrivers.ps1 - Script output issues

ChristianMe
Occasional Advisor

HPE-Extract-CustomSppDrivers.ps1 - Script output issues

Hi,

I was trying to perform the steps specified in this white paper:
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00037535en_us

I have successfully created a custom baselin, but when running the script "HPE-Extract-CustomSppDrivers.ps1" it does not extract the drivers to my specified output folder. It generates a sub folder inside my custom baseline folder for some reason.

This is how i use the script: .\HPE-Extract-CustomSppDrivers.ps1 "C:\Program Files\7-Zip" -CustomSPPOutputFolder "F:\2019Custom" -OutputFolderLocation "F:\2019CustomExtracted" 

(By the way, -OutputFolderLocation "F:\2019CustomExtracted" folder is empty..)

I am then presented with a question to overwrite files?
"7-Zip [64] 9.20 Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov 2010-11-18

Processing archive: F:\2019Custom\cp034635.exe

file F:\2019Custom\[0]~\cp034635.xml
already exists. Overwrite with
cp034635.xml?
(Y)es / (N)o / (A)lways / (S)kip all / A(u)to rename all / (Q)uit? A"

If pressing Y, it would appear that files are now extracted into a sub-folder of my -CustomSPPOutputFolder "F:\2019Custom" (Which is supposed to be my source folder?!)

Another funny thing, when using the parameter -7ZipExecutablePath "C:\Program Files\7-Zip", it fails with:

F:\sccm-scvmm-osdeployment-master\HPE-Extract-CustomSppDrivers.ps1 : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'C:\Program Files\7-Zip'.

I also tried running the script without specifying any switches, as the Example suggest e.g. 

.\HPE-Extract-CustomSppDrivers.ps1 "C:\Program Files\7-Zip" "F:\2019Custom" "F:\2019CustomExtracted"

I am using a Windows Server 2012R2 with powershell 5 installed.

Any help would be appreciated, and sorry if it is posted in the incorrect board.

/Merrild

3 REPLIES 3
Shwetha3
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPE-Extract-CustomSppDrivers.ps1 - Script output issues

Hello,

As per example given in the document 

.\HPE-Extract-CustomSppDrivers.ps1 тАЬC:\Program Files\7-ZipтАЭ тАЬC:\CustomSPP\2019CustomтАЭ
тАЬC:\HPEDriversтАЭ
This example reads all of the components from custom SPP created in the output folder тАШC:\CustomSPP\2019CustomтАЩ and will extract the drivers to the C:\HPEDrivers folder.

you will need to place the 2019Custom in a subfolder to prevent overwrite

I am an HPE Employee
ChristianMe
Occasional Advisor

erhm what? I don't follow you..

The output folder "C:\HPEDrivers" is already a completely different folder?

"C:\CustomSPP\2019Custom" is my folder i've extracted the Custom SPP to. aka. the Source folder

Anyways, i found a different script that did the same thing, and i was able to import the drivers into SCCM.

kuibird1953
Occasional Contributor

@ChristianMe 

"Anyways, i found a different script that did the same thing, and i was able to import the drivers into SCCM"

Can you point me to this other script. I am having issues with the original too.

Thanks,