ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1756426 Members
3042 Online
108847 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE Gen 10 DL360 P408i-a

MirKhan

HPE Gen 10 DL360 P408i-a

The sever in question is HPE Gen 10 DL360 with  P408i-a SR.

I was able to install Windows Server 2016 with Intelligent Provisioning and this is the only way I can install the OS. I have 2 SAS Disk of 600 GB, created RAID 1 and a logical drive.  I was able boot with USB (UEFI GPT ) but after successful boot and getting to the option where I have to choose the Disk. I couldn't see the the logical drive which I created with RAID. I even tried legacy mode. Also tried Norton Gosht, Acronis but same result no matter what I use to boot I can boot the OS LUN is not visible to the OS.

1 REPLY 1
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Gen 10 DL360 P408i-a

Hi Mir,

As per your problem description it seems that you were able to successfully install Windows 2016 using intelligent provisioning. But you are trying to install the OS manually then you will have to inject the driver for the drives to be seen. If the issue is that you are able to install the OS manually but after reboot the OS does not boot then make sure that the firmware are updated.

Regards,

Bunsol.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo