1752815 Members
5941 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE server Automatic Power-on selection inactive

Minishow
Frequent Visitor

HPE server Automatic Power-on selection inactive

Hpe server automatic power-on is disabled, to enable it the selection is inactive, can't enable the selection.anyone can help me?

7 REPLIES 7
DANDKS
HPE Pro

Re: HPE server Automatic Power-on selection inactive

May I please request for a screen shot of the option that is not active? This would help us to identify the issue & provide assistance.

Also share the server model name & product number.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Minishow
Frequent Visitor

Hello Dandks,

Thanks 

Here is the server model # HP DL360  C7

please see the below link for your reference to the screen shoot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T3LNCeSIxyFjkBy1KItsPJW1-SnkHdFm/view?usp=sharing

DANDKS
HPE Pro

As per the screen shot we see the Enabled option is highlighted. However, the iLO settings may override this option.

Hence, we request to check the Power On settings from iLO too.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c02774507&docLocale=en_US

Pg 146

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Minishow
Frequent Visitor

Hello Dandks

Thanks 

Generally we can't change  and Save any option settings, The issue is we can't make a  restore to  a default positon too,  can't change a selection to proceed "system Power Restore Settings"....

Is there any previlage issue regarding this?

DANDKS
HPE Pro

Administrator access is required to make any changes at the iLO level. Contact the Administrator user to make the required/recommended changes to the Power on settings from iLO

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Minishow
Frequent Visitor

Please be noted that I use Administrator previlage mode, I ask you any default login previlage mode to chage those options.

DANDKS
HPE Pro

Hello Minishow

For making any changes at the BIOS level does not require any privilege user access. Administrator leve access is required only to make any changes from iLO Power Settings.

As per the screen shot, the Automatic Power-On option is selected to "Enabled". If unable to make any changes at the BIOS level & if unable to get the defaults, then the only option is to clear the BIOS settings from the System Maintenance switch on the System Board.

This will reset all the BIOS options to factory defaults, later you may modify required settings as desired.

Please let us know if the query is answered. Please write back for more clarifications.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo