ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754051 Members
3610 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to "clone" and deploy more than 1x server ideas??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel Simard
Frequent Advisor

How to "clone" and deploy more than 1x server ideas??

I have 8x DL 160's to build.

What would be the easiest way for me to build 1x server, and then take out the drives and "clone" them and use the clone for the 7 other servers?

What would be the best way of doing this?

For example: if the OS drive is mirrored, shutdown the system. Take the 2nd drive out. Put it in another server in the "First" slot.

Put a blank drive in the 2nd slot of the first server and same thing for the 2nd server.

hence, would both servers just rebuild their equivalent mirror?
Si tu n'as pas ce que tu aimes, aimes ce que tu as.
2 REPLIES 2
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

yes you have right.

mikap

PS : but if the OS is Windows in the same domain, you should change the OS id, becasuse on all cloned systems will be the same.
Chris Rosan2
Frequent Advisor

If you're going to use that method and they're windows box's, i suggest you "clone" them before adding them to the domain, installing antivirus etc. I did something similar a few years ago but installed anti-virus/updates/added to domain first, and ended up having all sorts of issues. I ended up just rebuilding the servers.

You can also use RDP. You may need to buy some licences for it but you can use it to "get a proper image" and you can also use that image for future machines/rebuilding these ones in the future.