2605 Online
108860 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hyper-V Issue on DL380 G9 after SPP2021050 Install

MikeMak
Occasional Advisor

Hyper-V Issue on DL380 G9 after SPP2021050 Install

Hello,

Following the installation of SPP2021050 on a DL380 G9 Hyper-V host, I am unable to manage VMs on the host.

Issues include being unable to connect to VMs using Failover Cluster Manager and the Powershell command Get-VM fails.

Reported to HPE who confirmed it was not a hardware issue, which I knew, but as we only have hardware support this seems the end of the road for HPE support.

Issue is similar to https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=...&docId=emr_na-c04896145 but there are reported issues with this fix e.g. where the MOFCOMP command causes issues on the Hyper-V host where all boot items are removed from VMs and new VMs will not boot Re: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3d59a05-6bf3-40df-8d90-dd500224cb9b/cant-connect-server-2016win10-hyperv-manager-to-existing-2012r2-hyperv-servers?forum=winserverhyperv

Advice from anyone who has experienced this and resolved it would be appreciated.

My proposed caouse of action at the moment is:

Force downgrade to previous SPP.

Run "mofcomp %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsVirtualization.V2.mof"

Remove and re-add the Hyper-V role.

One queston I would have is does the Hyper-V host need to be evicted from the failover cluster before removing and re-adding the Hyper-V role?

Any thoughts appreciated.

MIke

2 REPLIES 2
MikeMak
Occasional Advisor

Re: Hyper-V Issue on DL380 G9 after SPP2021050 Install

As I could not risk returning this server to production with unknown issues, caused by the installation of SPP2021050, I took the decision to rebuild the server.

I now have no confidence in installing any future HPE SPP and won't be doing it again in future.

Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Re: Hyper-V Issue on DL380 G9 after SPP2021050 Install

Hi,

I would suggest to log a  support case with HPE for further investigation including log analysis.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo