1754050 Members
4917 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Manager Reports Problem

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Insight Manager Reports Problem

I have 2 DL580 servers connected to an HSG80 SAN. When you look at Insight Manager the current active node shows OK but the secondary node reports as failed. When you interrogate the device it says that the problem is under mass storage. When you enter mass storage sometimes the RAID Subsystem1 is shown but is red but other times it doesn't appear at all.
If I disable the fibre array options on the Inight Agents then the server displays as OK again.

How can I get the server to report as OK when it is not the current active node.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Insight Manager Reports Problem

What version of the storage agents are being used?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The storage agents are version 5.1 and the problem is visible from both a version 4.9 and a version 5.2 Insight Management Console
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The storage agent version is what is important. Several issues have been fixed since 5.10. 5.10.01 fixed an agent crash. 5.20 fixed a problem when 10 or more storage systems are attached. 5.30 fixed a performance problem when large numbers of storage boxes are attached (<25). Please try 5.3 0 storage agent and that still fails we will look into the problem for you, but current agents need to be tested first.