ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1756748 Members
3112 Online
108852 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issues with cqmgserv.exe after PSP 7.4 upgrade

Mike Keller_3

I would try removing them all, and add them back in one by one.
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Eh, HP has an image of my OS and have it running it their lab... I'm going to let the good folks who wrote the SW do the troubleshooting. As of right now, Engineering, 3rd level support and soon to have the software developers involved. Since this is my core SQL server, I don't like to test things out on it...
Bill Gushue
Frequent Advisor

To keep you updated: A member of the escalation team asked me to try making the System Information sub-agent inactive. I did this and once the agents were restarted, the CPU usage returned to normal. They're still debugging, but it looks like they're narrowing it down.
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

I got an email from the engineer I've been working with. They are very close to a driver fix. They are going to apply it to the environment they've reproduced it on in 3rd level support then try it on a replica of my DL760 that the engineer has built up.

I'll post up how it goes.
Brian Daugherty_2

disabling the System Information sub-agent and restarting the services brought the CPU usage down to normal for me. thanks for the tip! will be waiting for the official fix.
Daniel Mosmeyer_1
Occasional Advisor

Has there been any new news lately?
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

The engineer I've been working with has sent me a new cpqhlth.dll that they are not ready to release to the public yet. It has resolved my issue with CPU usage, but it has brought back some error messages that I used to receive about PS redundancy being lost (then immediately resolved)...

I'll be in touch with them today and see where we go from here. I really wish I could give this DLL out so others could test it, but I have been asked to honor their request to keep it under wraps right now.

Hopefully we will have a fix out to the masses ASAP. I know everyone on this thread wants a permanent resolution and fast.

-Andrew
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Andrew, the errrors you're getting again may be normal in your situation. Are you running the server on high or low voltage?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

120V. Unfortunately both PS are on the same circuit. I'm working to get these servers moved into my direct control in a colocation datacenter that meets my specs. The current configuration is something I've inherited and am working to resolve.
Daniel Mosmeyer_1
Occasional Advisor

Still no word? I've been out a week with family matters.....