3211 Online
108812 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML310G1 Boot problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Richie Oswin

ML310G1 Boot problem

My ML310 (BIOS D12) has the integrated Ultra ATA100 IDE RAID Controller (fw 2.7.06161330C). I have just fitted a HP Single Channel U320 SCSI HBA G2 (fw 5.05.21) and now i have a boot problem. The machine insists on trying to boot from the SCSI controller and not the IDE RAID when the SCSI controller has a harddrive attached. The BIOS is configured to boot as follows:- 1. UIDE RAID, 2. IDE, 3. SCSI. I've been all over the HP support site looking for an answer to this but without luck. Any help that can be offered here will be greatfully received.
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML310G1 Boot problem

hi Richie

check these threads they might help you

http://urlao.com/ide1
http://urlao.com/ide2

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
e4services
Honored Contributor

This is similar to how I replied to the second thread he links above. It all comes down to whos BIOS loads last. Since your IDE is controller by the System BIOS, it loads in and would follow the boot order set in the BIOS. Next in the boot strap comes the newly installed SCSI controller. Unless the SCSI BIOS has a switch to turn itself off as a boot device, it assumes it is the boot device, as I stated with these inexpensive IDE RAID controllers do. You need to have the BIOS of the additional controller to have a BIOS switch to remove it as a boot device, so the system will follow the system BIOS selection and not the over calling BIOS.
Check the SCSI BIOS screens and the Operations manual for the HP Single Channel U320 SCSI HBA G2. If not, look into others, LSI is pretty clear about this function in their product descrptions.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Richie Oswin

Thank you both for your imput to my problem. I have resolved the problem by flashing the HP adaptor with the lastest BIOS and fw from LSI.

Thanks again.
Richie Oswin