1754180 Members
3087 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350 G5 Will not boot

philip0871
Occasional Advisor

ML350 G5 Will not boot

I have an ML350 G5 running Windows Server 2003 x64. Recently the server crashed and now when booting I get Windows/System32/Config is missing...

I attempted to do a repair using the OS install media however the process hangs during "Setup is starting Windows".

I should also note during the array initialization there is an error 1794 - The array accelerator battery needs to be replaced.  I intend to replace the battery ASAP.

Will replacing the array battery resolve my issue loading setup?I realize I need to get to the recovery console in order to fix the missing registry file, but I am not sure how.

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

With a failed battery the write cache is disabled, so the system is a bit slower. It is not related to your missing file problem.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
philip0871
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply. My issue then comes down to not being able to get to the recovery console. Could this be an issue with the driver for the e200i array controller? Everything I have read makes me think it is, but the only solution offered is to load the drivers via floppy and my server does not have a floppy drive.