1757033 Members
2235 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: My ML530G2 don't start

CORDIER
Occasional Advisor

My ML530G2 don't start

I've just receive a proliant ML530G2. The server doesn't start (when starting button, nothing happens).
Power Supply is working fine (I tested it on another server). Before calling HP support, does anyone have an idea to simply troubleshoot this issue?
4 REPLIES 4

Did you install any option (cpu, RAM, ...) before powering it up ?
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

When you power the unit on from the front panel do you get any amber/red leds lit? The Internal health LED is next to the Unit ID button/led. The external health LED is next to that. If the internal health LED is amber then look at the system board along the edge when the CPU's are located and you should locate the source (another amber led). The diagram on the top cover will show you what each led represents. There is an led for each cpu, CPU1 and CPU2, for each Processor Power Module, PPM1 and PPM2, ,one memory interlock for the memory module and a thermal warning led.

Hope this helps to locate the problem.

Brian
youngseok
Occasional Contributor

it may be simply problem.

i had a same experience. at that time, the problem was Cable & Power button Problem.

cool
Boruzs Gergely_1

We had a same experience. We called the local compaq service, and they found a power cable (from the front of the processors to the power supply), what was unplugged at the power supply side.
After it was replugged, the server was OK.