1756236 Members
2367 Online
108843 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Nic's failing after updating firmware(8.4) on DL365G1 servers

Greg Domian

Nic's failing after updating firmware(8.4) on DL365G1 servers

Hi,
I hope someone can give me an answer to why this situation has happened. We updated the firmware on our Prolient DL365G1 servers. Firmware version was 8.4 and updates were given to iLO, drives, array, and bios. When servers were booted up they had lost network configuration.
The servers were mysteriously set to DHCP and we got a few weird errors while correcting this: a) both NICs showed connectivity via DHCP, but the virtual TEAM showed тАЬnetwork cabled unpluggedтАЭ and b) once we dissolved/recreated the TEAM, we got a weird error while setting the IPтАжsomething similar to this:
"The IP address x.x.x.x you have entered for this network adapter is already assigned to another adapter. #x. #x NIC is hidden from the network Connections folder because it is not physically in the computer."

We have updated other server models in our system with the same firmware version and all was fine. Only the 365's have given us this problem. Can anyone come up with a reason for this or a work around? Use a different firmware version, etc.

Thanks, Greg

2 REPLIES 2
Joseph L. Casale
Regular Advisor

Re: Nic's failing after updating firmware(8.4) on DL365G1 servers

Don't know the reason why on that one and not the other types, but Windows remembers the old connections. After updating firmware or teaming nics its pretty common from my experience. Its harmless to ignore the warning, or if you're bothered, clean out the old entries in the registry.
Greg Domian

Re: Nic's failing after updating firmware(8.4) on DL365G1 servers

I was able to find the info i was looking for. thanks.