108812 Solutions
New Discussion

P212/ZM-Smart Array Controller

joe youssef
Occasional Contributor

P212/ZM-Smart Array Controller

Dear All,

The issue is below,
I have a new HP Proliant DL580G5 configured on it a new HBA card and a new Smart Array Controller P212/ZM that will be used to connect a new MSA60.
As i checked from the bios and using Hp Diagnostic Tools also, this DL Server is detecting only the HBA Card and NOT the Smart Array Controller card P212/ZM

TROUBLESHOOTING:
1- I tried to change the place of the Smart array Controller card P212/ZM and plugged it into the remainig PCI-E slots of the DL server, still not being detected.
2- I tried this Smart Array Controller Card P212/ZM into another HP Server ML350 and it DETECTED it and i recognized that it has a firmware version V1.66.

Do i have to update the Smart Array controller firmware version so that the DL580 detect it or what should i do ??

PLZ Advice
Many thanks
1 REPLY 1
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: P212/ZM-Smart Array Controller

Hello,
check please http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/arraycontrollers/index.html and there click on Compatibility table: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/c-products/servers/proliantstorage/arraycontrollers/SA_Compatibility_Marketing_OTT.pdf

I am afraid P212/ZM IS NOT supported on DL585G5 according this table, but consult this with your vendor ...

Jan