ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753905 Members
9954 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

POST Error: 338-HPE RESTful API Error - Unable to communicate with iLO FW. BIOS configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Server-Support
Super Advisor

POST Error: 338-HPE RESTful API Error - Unable to communicate with iLO FW. BIOS configuration

Hi All,

I got this email alert after I upgrade the firmware using HPE SPP 2019.03.1(4 May 2019) and then followed by iLO firmware 2.70 May 07 2019

POST Error: 338-HPE RESTful API Error - Unable to communicate with iLO FW. BIOS configuration resources may not be up-to-date. Action: Restore Manufacturing Defaults in RBSU.

Upon further digging in the iLO screen and diagnostic info, I can see there is some error message:

Error in iLO?Error in iLO?

How can the error above be rectified?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
4 REPLIES 4
MV3
HPE Pro

Re: POST Error: 338-HPE RESTful API Error - Unable to communicate with iLO FW. BIOS configuration

Hi,

Looks like the Nand format is required to address this issue.

I would suggest you to perform the below shared link and check if it fixes the issue.

Advisory Link : https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00048622en_us

Follow the Steps to perform a NAND format via the iLO GUI.

cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Re: POST Error: 338-HPE RESTful API Error - Unable to communicate with iLO FW. BIOS configuration

@MV3 Is there anything that will be lost or reset to factory default after executing the reset steps?

Do I need to backup something first?

Best regards,
MV3
HPE Pro
Solution

HI Server-Support,

You need not to back up anything if you are tring to only reset the nand chip from GUI.

Cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Thank you @MV3 , I assume there will be no data loss in the system drive or in the Server BIOS?

Can I do it remotely via iLO?

Best regards,