1754186 Members
4569 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power LED on ML370 G3

ChrisCassino
Occasional Contributor

Power LED on ML370 G3

The power LED on one of my ML370 G3s appears to be off color a little bit. All other LEDs internal and external are clearly GREEN. The power LED looks like it is almost yellow, not amber or orange, certainly not RED. I have read elsewhere in this forum that it may be the a failing power supply or simply the power button itself.

I have redundant power supplies and both report they are OK, no errors and green LEDs. Insight Manager does not report any problems.

Anyone come across this before?

Thanks,
C
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Chris,

Log a call with HP and get them to send you a replacement power supply under the CRU (Customer Replaceable Unit) programme. You can then swap this yourself and give the courier the defective back for HP. It can be replaced with the server up and running. You may have to remove two locking screws on the PSU before replacement using the mauve coloured handle to release the PSU. The screws have a T15 torx head.

If you prefer an engineer to do this it can also be arranged under the standard warranty on your system which will still be valid for a G3.

The required spare part number for a ML370G3 500 Watt PSU is 230993-001.

I hope this helps.

Brian
ChrisCassino
Occasional Contributor

I called HP yesterday. They have sent me a replacement power switch. If that does not solve the issue, we will move to power supply or system board swap out.

Thanks.
C
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Sorry chris - Ignore my previous response.

I assumed the yellow LED was on one of the PSU's. I should have read your message fully before responding.

Brian