ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1756704 Members
2313 Online
108852 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power Problem with HP Proliant DL380

Mustapha Cham

Power Problem with HP Proliant DL380

I am experiencing difficulties with my DL380 server. When you power it on, the fan and everything else comes on but the mouse, keyboard and monitor dont power on. I get an amber light on #5 and a red light on #6 which suggests its a power problem. we have been experiencing power fluctuation the past couple of days
3 REPLIES 3
Cookie_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

It would really help if you mention the generation. I would suggest you to try the minimum h/w config, 1 CPU, a pair of Dimms and No PCI cards. If that doesnt help try clearing NV RAM using the system maintenaince switch on the systemboard.

Also try removing all memory modules and power-up the server, if you do not hear any continous beeps the systemboard may be dead.

Regards,
Cookie
Sometimes a Loser Wins!!
Khurshed

Hi Cookie, as I said before I have very similar problem, server doesn't finish POST, but all my LEDs are yellow, that I guess mean everything is ok with all devices, but any way I tried to take out each device one by one, when I take out the RAM, server starts beeping. Unfortunately the problem increased to another server with same configuration. Please give me some advice.
Khurshed

Forget to say, the model is DL380 G3