ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1756396 Members
3218 Online
108847 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power supply to PCI card on Proliant DL380

Barrie Backhurst

Power supply to PCI card on Proliant DL380

I have a PCI card that requires a separate power supply via a 4pin ide drive power connector. Has anyone any idea how this can be implemented on the DL380

Regards

Barrie
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Barrie,

Is this a G1, G2, G3 or G4 DL380?

I'll have a look at the PSU pinouts or other points like the SCSI backplane for example if you can provide the model.

Regards,

Brian
Barrie Backhurst

Hi Brian

Thanks for the reply. I am not on site today, so I cannot check, but a label on the front panel had DL380R02, so I guess its a G2, though that number did not bring up a match when searching this site. If it helps, a part number from the access panel is 237137-001. It is a dual P111 1133Mhz.

I should be on site tomorrow, if I can get more accurate details I will post them.

Regards

Barrie
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Barrie,

Thats OK R02 simply stands for Rackmount G2 system although there never was a tower version of the DL380's.

I have a DL380G2 myself so let me do some investigation with a meter etc. and I will let you know.

Brian
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Barrie,

Can you e-mail me at brian.murdoch@hp.com and I will pass on the details I have for a possible solution.

I assume that you need +5V, Ground and +12V supply to this device (red, black and yellow or orange coloured cabling as normal in a PC)

Can you confirm please in your e-mail.

Thanks.

Brian

Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Possible solution e-mailed to Barrie on 9th April 2006.

Brian