cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem upgrading HDD firmware

miaso120
Advisor

Problem upgrading HDD firmware

We have recently purchased DL160 G6 server with SmartArray P410 controller and a bunch of 300 GB SAS HDD's (model number EF0300FARMU)

After installing version control agent on this server it shows that firmware version of HDD's (HPD2) is outdated. I tried to update it to version HPD3 with version control agent but it failed. Then I tried to install cp012501.exe downloaded from SmartArray P410 support page - it also failed "There were no devices found that could be loaded with the ROM Image". In the release notes for this firmware I see only p400 and other older controllers, but no p410.

How do I upgrade firmware in such situation?
1 REPLY
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: Problem upgrading HDD firmware

Hi there,

the best way to update the hard drive firmware is to using Smart Update Firmware DVD
firmware-9.20B-0.zip (955 MB)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884343&prodNameId=3884344&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-98ce7a50a19a4d4994aaad8d0e

download, unzip and create a CD, Boot the server from CD and update all the firmware.

hope this helps,

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details