108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 2500

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stewart Berry_1
Occasional Advisor

Proliant 2500

I installed a new HD and Memory before attempting a new install of W2k. Things were not going the way smartstart said so I ran the System Erase Utility. Now it wont even boot up to the smartstart CD. It just seems to hang after the 1542 SCSI card is detected.
Please help

Regards
Stewart Bery
7 REPLIES 7
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Stewart,
You may need to create the System Configuration diskettes instead. Here is the link for System configuration download:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

You would need four formatted floppies for this utility. Cold boot the system with the first floppy and follow the onscreen instructions.

Regards,
Stewart Berry_1
Occasional Advisor

I've made the disks but the system won't boot from floppy or CD it just hangs

Stewart
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Stewart,
In that case you probably would need to reset your HW configuration via Switch No 6. This is usually located near PCI slots at the corner of the System board. By default it's set to the OFF position. Just turn it on and power up the server. Once it goes through the POST then just power it down and turn the switch back to the Off position. This will rest the HW configuration.

Regards,
Stewart Berry_1
Occasional Advisor

I have done that. The server boots up to set time and use the EISA config - that goes OK. Save config and reboot. It wont boot off CD or Floppy. If I repeat the process with the switch 6 it will then reboot using the floppy. The same thing happens again.

Stewart
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Stewart,
Please remove any third party hw if any from the system and then reset the hardware configuration. Once the basic setup is done then install the third party hw as you wish. Please let me know the results.

Regards,
Stewart Berry_1
Occasional Advisor

There is no 3rd party HW
Stewart Berry_1
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, there was an adaptec 1542. I have removed it and things are progressing better. I now need to find the disk for the array config that the menu reequires. I'll try to find it on the web site and report back here.
Stewart