1757083 Members
1801 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 3000 Startup Problem

Thomas Leung_1

Proliant 3000 Startup Problem

Hello,

Our Proliant 3000 server can't start now. There is nothing to display when I press the "Power" button. The power indicator is green. What should I do? I don't what's wrong of the server. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

1. When was the last time the server was working ok? This is the most important question. Has the server been moved? Hardware added or removed?

2. What is the server currently plugged into? Verify the power source (outlet or surge protector or UPS) is working correctly.

3. Try reconnecting the power cable at both ends.

Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Thomas,
Please reseat all the main components i.e. CPU, RAM and all the cables. If that does not help then look for power connectors on the system board. There is one small connector which when gets loose then even though you see the Green light still the system wont boot.

Regards,
Thomas Leung_1

1.) The server is running probably in last Wednesday. There is no hardware added or removed. But when I discover the problem, the server was moved under my desk.

2.) It seems the power is working probably and there is no UPS. The power indicator is Green.

3.) I try it, but still fail.
Thomas Leung_1

One more thing, the VAUX indicator is orange. Is related to CPU and RAM?
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Hi,

So if I get this right:
If you switch on the machine the green led at the front is going on? Do the fans start after a little while? is there a beeping signal?

I don't know the age of your machine, but if it has switches for the covers, they must be on the system.
The orange led is normal

Leon
Thomas Leung_1

Yes. The LED at the front is ON. The fans are also working probably. There is no beeping signal when I boot the server. The server was using 5 years. Thanks.
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

So you don't get any video signal.
Check the following:
If there is a remote insight board in the system, remove it. Also remove all other pci board for now.
Check your memory config. Dimms should be in certain slots, see inside of sidepanels for this.
Try to clear your nvram, you can do this with switches. A description you can find also on the sidepanels.
Hope this will help you further.

Leon
Thomas Leung_1

I try to remove the CPU and Memory to another machine. I found that the memory is worked. But the CPU seems not work. Is it means I need to find replacement?