108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 6000 Black Screen of Nothingness

SOLVED
Go to solution
Todd Mayer
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 6000 Black Screen of Nothingness

I just inherited a 6000 system with Quad 400s. When I tried to boot up, I got no activity aside from fans and a brief flash of the HD LEDs. The LED pattern (interlock) on the I/O board is ok - 19 Green, 15 & 20 off, Voltage LEDs Green. However, on the maninboard, on the LEDs between the memory cards, LEDs 19-22 are solid amber and what I think is LED 25 (chip set error?)is blinking amber - 1 long and 2 short blink pattern. I have already tried to clear the NVRAM, set the dipswitches for disaster recovery reset, and flashing the bios from the latest rompaq download, still nothing on the screen, no beeps. I have all 4 processors installed, I don't have any terminator cards. All cards reseated.
Is the system kaput? New motherboard? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks,

Todd
4 REPLIES 4
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor
Solution

Todd, Do you ever get any display on the monitor during POST or is it always a black screen?

Greg
Lets Roll!
Todd Mayer
Occasional Contributor

Yep, the screen is always black. Unfortunately, I don't have a lcd panel.
Wouter De Backer

The same happens over here on an inhereted Proliant 2500R. The power comes up. The leds on the harddisk flash a few times. Black screen. The LCD front panel shows the firmware version, but it doesn't react to its buttons. The same monitor works fine when connected to another PC. Disabling the internal video card and installing a PCI one doesn't help either. I don't have the SmartStart CD. What can I do ?
jimmy.jazz

Here's my fluke situation, or maybe it is what you have to do.

I erased the nvram, unpluged the system, and waited. I waited roughly 30 minutes, as 5 minute intervals resulted in the same black screen. I repluged in the system and it worked.