7567 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL Debian Support

SOLVED
Go to solution
Oliver Heinz

Proliant DL Debian Support

As of the recent security bulletin about severall security flaws in the Proliant Support Pack I noticed that there are no current versions of Proliant Support Pack available for Debian or any other dpkg-based linux distribution.
Last version available is 8.50. The Software Delivery Repository still lists Lenny as the last supported debian version although Debian Squeeze 6.0 was released 4 months ago.

Doesn't HP support Debian anymore and I just didn't notice?
6 REPLIES 6
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Re: Proliant DL Debian Support

which DL? Did you google the DL drivers to see what OS revs are supported.
Bryan Gartner
Valued Contributor
Solution

Currently there is an updated Lenny PSP finishing the testing cycle (which fixes some notable defects), and a Squeeze one in development (to address other known issues and slated to start test soon). While I don't yet have dates for the release/publishing of either, I do know that efforts to continue with the Debian enablement are in place with some process changes in place to address the long lead times between releases.

So, please stay tuned, and thanks for the nudges to be more prompt. We are glad that you utilize these deliverables and recognize when they aren't there.
Oliver Heinz

Thanks for pointing out that HP intends to continue Debian Support :-)

We're eagerly waiting for the new packages (and for the Proliant Smart Update 9.30 that seems still unreleased, but that's a different issue...)
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Linux support is not rushed out. It seems like Microsoft gets more attention.
JJ F

Just to say we are highly interested in PSP for Debian Squeeze, mainly for hardware monitoring purposes. The goal of this message is to show our interest (for my company and me, as an individual). Debian like distros and HP, go! ;) Thanks for your continued efforts!
mmmartin

Thanks guys, it's reassuring to hear you are working on it!

We've got ~40 DL360 servers and are hoping to upgrade them to Debian Squeeze this fall.