1757053 Members
2369 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant DL360 G3

Manuel_53

Proliant DL360 G3

i have a costumer whit a proliant DL360 G3 wiht windows 2003 server (No SP1 installed), 2 Gb RAM, 1 HBA (FC2214) connected to msa1000.

server rol is an Active Directory (this server didn´t have the master rol) and backup console (Arcserve).

The problem: every 2 o 3 days the server appear like LAN disconnect, no hangup, no reset, only we not have access from LAN resources (from and to the server).

Windows event viewer just show in the app viewer (error 1053, sourde:userenv: not enough is available to complete this operation).

i upgrade NIC driver, Server bios and hp managment drivers, because one posible cause coulbe the nic, but the error appear again.

someone can help me to resolve the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

Re: Proliant DL360 G3

If you have Anti-Virus software running, check the resources it is using. Maybe remove it to see if the problem goes away.

Also check the free disk space. Is it happening at the same time when it occurs? It could be that Arcserve is writing catalog files and filling the disk.
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

We have several G3 in our environment and have not seen this but have noticed this happen on a bunch of Dell servers, the issue was related to the on board nic ,which would fail,this was happenning on a particular subnet.

I would recommended to move this netowrk to another inetrface on the server just to make sure the problem replciates there and if yes then it should be something related to the switch where the server is connected.

Rgds

HGN
Manuel_53

ok, i will try first with the antivirus option and then with de arcserve option.

if the antivirus or arcserve option not resolve the problem, i will try moving server to different subnet.

i will say you what happen en two o three days, thks!