3203 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML150 G6 Easy Setup CD

JohnBannon
Regular Visitor

Proliant ML150 G6 Easy Setup CD

Hi

I have a new install to do on a Proliant ML150 G6 with SBS 2011. I have tried using the Easy Setup CD but it doesnt have SBS2011 on the OS list. I created a new DVD from a download of Smartstart 8.7 64bit and booted from it, but it says 'unsupported model'. Is there somewhere to get a proper iso file for this model / os?

Thanks

John

4 REPLIES 4
JohnBannon
Regular Visitor

Apparently you need to use the Server 2008 R2 drivers.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02867737/c02867737.pdf
schaferTEK

Yes I encountered the same problem with SBS2011 & the Ml150 Proliant G6.

There is not a proper way to make the install work.

The only way to make anything happen is to boot right off of the OS. Then issues abound. I don't understand how after making such a large purchase with HP that we can't even be provided with a functioning Install Disc.

Tech support has been very helpful, however we have been working on this server for months.

I wish i would have purchased Server 2008 instead. Besides Microsoft looks like it is pulling SBS from the market.

Derekius
Occasional Visitor

Did you ever get SBS 2011 installed on this box?  I have a brand new ML150 G6 that I need to get a clean install of SBS 2011 onto.  I first tried the Easy Start disc that came with it, but quickly realized it did not support SBS 2011.  I didn't bother with SmartStart as I knew the model was not supported.  I was able to get the installation started by putting the RAID drivers on my flash drive and loading them during the HDD selection, but my dcpromo failed because it did not install NIC drivers.

In my SBSSetup.log, I found the error to be "ExitNeedToInstallTcpIp".  Looking at the DCPromo log (in C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Logs\), I saw "The TCP/IP networking protocol must be properly configured. Complete the configuration before you proceed."

absampson

has anybody gotten an answer to the sbs2011 install on an ML150 G6 question?