1754064 Members
3033 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Insight locking up.

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We are having the same issue. Currently we are using a Apex KVM switch and I've made sure all the latest drivers, ROM has been installed. I also get an event about the mouse and keyboard being disconnected. The only work around we have is to remove the RIB, and I don't consider that a work around. I've also replaced the RIB and still no luck. Please help!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I've just deployed 39 DL380G2 using Smartstart toolkit 1.5 with the virtual floppy to install. No KVM-cables, only RILOE-boards. Everything went fine, Windows 2000, SP2, all fixes and all new compaq drivers. It all works fine, EXCEPT that sometimes when accessing the java-interface to press CTRL+ALT+DEL it locks up.

It's pretty strange, because it works fine, the cursor is moving, but sometimes as soon as you move the cursor outside the remote windows, it locks up, completely.. The server runs fine though.
This happens both with the two-cursor jvm and the full screen/frame java.

The only solution to gain mouse & keyboard control again is to shutdown the server. Pretty strange, so I've advised the customer to only use it in DOS (Where it works fantastic) and use Terminal Services in Remote Administration Mode instead.

And no, I'm not using the Y-cable, I'm using the internal cable that comes with the server.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

This might help!

If a PS/2-style keyboard and/or Mouse is not connected to the computer before Windows 2000 startup, the keyboard is not recognized if you connect it later.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q262798
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem with a Proliant 800 (although our Proliant 3000 and DL380 sometimes "loses" it's mouse or keyboard, but a reboot fixes that. I have just replaced the RIB card in our 800 and it was working for a while ... when I start server status says both mouse and keyboard are connected. The mouse works, I select CTRL-ALT-DEL and then the mouse freezes, keyboard doesn't work. RIB status then says mouse is not connected. I have reseated everything. So frustrating.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Please have a look at the Compaq Customer Advisory EM010823_CW03 about an updated SCSIPORT driver. Also consult Microsoft Support Article Q302895 about the same issue.
This update solved the RIB problems on our W2k/Proliant servers.
You can obtain the fix from Microsoft Support upon request.

The updated driver will be included in W2K Service Pack 3, which wil be released in August.

Marco van Ammers.