108839 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Scsi Hard drive failing to boot

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wadzanai
Occasional Contributor

Scsi Hard drive failing to boot

I bought a new scsi hard drive (a hot swap)which i slotted into my hp proliant ml 350 server G5 to become a secondary drive.Unfortunately it could not be automatically detected and I decided to remove the scsi hard drive with the Windows Server 2003 OS and replace with the new drive to test to see if it was working.I rebooted the server with the new hard drive installed and it was detected.I was satisfied that the scsi hard drive was working.The problem arose when I put back the original scsi hard drive that had the windows server OS.It failed to boot.What changes do I need to make so that the primary scsi drive can work and what can i also do for the new seconadry scsi hard drive to be detected while running the primary scsi drive.
I hope to hear a quick response.
Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Manoj Mudaliar
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hello Wadzanai,

Unplug both the harddisk, plug in the original harddisk and boot the server. You will see a message that the configuration has changed do you want to save the changes, accept it and let the server boot. Once the server boots plug in the other harddisk. Lauch Smart Array Configuration tool, scan for new harddisk if the new harddisk is not showing, then create a new array(system volume) and logical drive.

Hope this helps.
Wadzanai
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much.Your suggested solution worked