ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1756950 Members
2461 Online
108857 Solutions
New Discussion

Smart Array P410i, adding logical drives

AeroTwin7

Smart Array P410i, adding logical drives

Hi, I have HP ML350 g6 with P410i controller. One array with Two logical drives. Two physical drives in bay 1 and 2 of the server. I just installed two more physical drives in bay 3 and 4 of the server.  I have ACU installed and want to configure the new drives as One more Logical drive. HOw do I add another Logical drive. I thought I've done this before - but for some reason - I;m not seeing an option to configure the new drives as a new logical drive. 

Thanks for your response.

-Dwight Sullivan (IT/Network Admin) 

P.S. This post has been split off from other thread, and edited its subject. - HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Smart Array P410i Controller Configuration

AeroTwin7 wrote:

Hi, I have HP ML350 g6 with P410i controller. One array with Two logical drives. Two physical drives in bay 1 and 2 of the server. I just installed two more physical drives in bay 3 and 4 of the server.  I have ACU installed and want to configure the new drives as One more Logical drive. HOw do I add another Logical drive. I thought I've done this before - but for some reason - I;m not seeing an option to configure the new drives as a new logical drive. 

Thanks for your response.

-Dwight Sullivan (IT/Network Admin) 

Welcome to the forums. It's best to post a new topic when you have a question. This thread is almost 5 years old.

To answer your question.   You put disks in an array, and then create logical drives within that array. You can create a new array and logical drive for the new disks, or you can expand the current array and add another logical drive using the free space.  In your case it is probably easier to create another array and then create a new logical drive within the new array

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!