1757273 Members
2580 Online
108860 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Start Recovery of array with HP Smartstart

ArchiLogiQ
Occasional Contributor

Start Recovery of array with HP Smartstart

Good day, I have a ML370 G5 server which of of the 146GB 10K drives have failed from a RAID 5 configuration.

I have managed to get the server to start with the HP Smartstart CD that I downloaded. Since then I have replaced the defect drive with the one delivery from HP. The recovery started as far as I could tell however the status in the Array Configuration Utility give the following message:

Code 776 (Ready for recovery) Logical drive 1 (size) is queued for rebuilding.

My question is; how do I start the rebuild process? It seems to simply be waiting for something to happen however I can find no options to start the rebuild.

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Michel Williams
9 REPLIES 9
asqwq
Regular Advisor

hi
please say :
your hdd is failed or your raid is failed .
if your hdd is failed , rebuild is autorun
best regards
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

start the system, and the raid controller will take care of the rebuilding of your failed disk in array.

mikap
JOBBO

Hi,
I have same problem.
I using SmartArray E200i Controller.
My Disk is not failed but it show as

Code 776 (Ready for recovery) Logical drive 2 (72.7GB, RAID 1) is queued for rebuilding.

And when I reboot the server, it was display after initialize Smart Array Controller as:

1786-Slot 0 Drive Array Recovery Needed.
The following disk drive(s) need Automatic Data Recovery (Rebuild):
Port 1I: Box 1: Bay 1
Select "F1" to retry Automatic Data Recovery
Select "F2" to continued without starting Automatic Data Recovery
(RESUME = "F1" OR "F2" KEY [default = "F1" in 2 seconds]

Thanks in advice.
rolle

I as well have this situation. Yesterday my Server needed rebooting and when it cam up it had the F1/F2 choice and after looking into the array manager it says;

"Code 776 (Ready for recovery) Logical drive ...etc."

But it shows no failed physical drives, no failed logical drives, just that it has this rebuild "queued" ...for what I can't seem to determine.

How to dismiss the warning or do it? Very bizzare!
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

this error will show up with either raid 5, raid 6, raid 5+0 or raid 6+0.

HP has and avisory on this that states that you have to.....wait!!!!!!!!!!!

basically, is on queue because parity arrays will only rebuild them self when the system is idle or close to it.
rolle

That's a nice idea, but the array in question is a RAID 1, so two mirrored disks. And the above is what I'm getting. Can you point me to the advisory you mention? Thanks.

I have the exact same problem with a Proliant ML350G5 and E200i raidcontroller. Problem is that I need to expand my Array. Does anybody know if I can ignore this error and expand my Array with an extra disk?

JP
ArchiLogiQ
Occasional Contributor

First of; my appologies for not replying to this thread earlier.

We have long managed to solve this problem. In our case the Backplane were the Array Controller was attached simply had a problem. After reseating this and the array controller everything was working fine.

However, I will add that after all of these changes and uncertainty that we still opted to completely redo our ARRAY, reinstall Windows and do a complete system restore from the tapes.

Basically i had no more trust in the current ARRAY and was not willen to risk another crash in the short future. Maybe over done, but I sleep well at night now';-).

Thanks in any case,

Michel Williams.
ArchiLogiQ
Occasional Contributor

Thread closed.