1757016 Members
2246 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management Homepage

Jason_416
Occasional Contributor

System Management Homepage

It's a DL760G2 running Windows Server 2003, SP1. The local homepage comes up "empty". It shows "System Model: unknown" in the top right corner of the page after you log in, and only "Overall System Status" in the main pane of the window. I think all the necessary services are started and running. I attached a pic with what the homepage looks like and the services on the local server.

I've re-installed from the PSP 7.30 and checked the "let it overwrite newer version" check-box. Reboots don't help.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Re: System Management Homepage

Hi,

how is your SNMP service configured?
There should be 2 community strings defined (by default they're called public and private). public should have rights of READ ONLY and private should have READ CREATE
Also either accept SNMP packets from any host, or add the local IP address to the list of hosts.

Regards,
Stephen
Jason_416
Occasional Contributor

Yup, the SNMP service was it. I guess Win2K automatically config's the service for Public and Private like you suggested, but my Win2K3 does not.

Thanks for the help.
sky_5

hello jason
we has the same problem when we frist time use the hp insight management system ,
we fine out the server model is unknow in the all system page .At the least we fix up this problem by changing the config in the snmp service . you could set a snmp group and direct snmp trap at the management server .