1757015 Members
2300 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Scsi\cpqcissm1

SPa
Trusted Contributor

Which is the backup application used and what does the backup application log says.

To proceed further test the drive using HP Storage Works Lirary and Tape Tools.Also post the Log file and the Support ticket.

Run all the test including Drive assessment,Connectivity,Read/Write and Media Validation.

chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Listen to Rampante, the Smart Array controller cannot communicate properly to the tape drive since SA-C are meant to gather a lot of diagnosing information from SCSI media..

ADU says: No drives present on SA-5i, Drive 5 on the SA-641 has 3 timeouts and that's it..

----

Unplug the TD and look for more errors on event viewer, advice of anything only when you have the TD unpluged..

SPa
Trusted Contributor

Incase the error occurs while taking a backup and the backup also fails,it is definite that the error will not occur once the tape drive is removed.

Also,I agree that it is not recommended to have Automation devices connected to Smart Arrays but Smart Array 5i is certified to be used with LTO1 which is a standalone device.

Hi Julian,

Was this drive working before.If it was then it is unlikely a compatibility issue.
Julian Southern
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Thanks for all your responses.

The drive has worked fine before now.

I am going to install a stand-alone SCSI controller and see if that fixes the problem.

Many Thanks

Julian
SPa
Trusted Contributor

Hi Julian,

How did it went?