1757475 Members
3082 Online
108862 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UPS

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

UPS

I have 7 DL380's in a rack running off two Compaq R3000 XR's. Three of the servers are running redundant power supplies and each power supply is cabled to a different UPS.
Each UPS is cabled to a different power phase for redundancy the UPS's aren't cabled together in any way.
I am using insight manager to manage the power with CPM agents and I have attached the comms cables for each UPS to a different server to create the two controllers for each UPS group.
However when I now add the agents to the servers with the dual power supplies I can only add the machines to one UPS group however if a power supply fails and we lose mains power (not an altogether unrealistic scenario), how do I manage the machines that have switched to redundant power supplies which are physically receiving backup from the second UPS.

Many Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Honestly - don't know how you can setup the CPM system to handle this... I think it's a bit beyond what is a fairly simple power manager system.

Are you using any hardware solutions (multi-server cards...etc)?
Bill Place_1
Frequent Advisor

CPM can not support this configuration. THe solution for this configuration is HP Rack and Power Manager. Version 1.1 is avaliable on HP.com. WWW.HP.COM/Products/UPS.

You will probably need to upgrade your server management application as well to IM7 or HP Systems Insight Manager.