1752756 Members
4890 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Upgrading diskspace

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Upgrading diskspace

We recently bought 2 ML570 with Smart array controller 5302. I setup cage A with 2x 18.2 GB (RAID 1) Array A for system and cage B with 4x36.4 GB (RAID 5) Array B for data. I applied firmware upgrade to v2.32 on 5302 board.
During system setup Array B was converted to dynamic with one partition. Now I'm facing a problem running ACU 2.80A in W2k to add spare drive. I'm able to assign the spare drive to array B showing unused space, but selecting the extend button under logical drive comes with a warning " You have requested to perform extension on this logical drive. Extension is not currently supported on Windows 2000. If the operating system for this logical drive is Windows 2000, please do not attempt to use this feature, as data-loss could occur.
Are you sure you want to continue?"

Isn't it possible to extend? Can I get out of this and what's the best way? Do I have to convert back to basic disk type in order to use extend functionality?
1 REPLY 1
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Upgrading diskspace

Hello,
Yes you are absolutely correct in saying that you have to convert back to the basic disk type since the original Array was created on basic type. You may have to contact Microsoft for any OS related issues.

Regards,