1756089 Members
4191 Online
108841 Solutions
New Discussion

When installing NT, it does not recognize any drives

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

When installing NT, it does not recognize any drives

I have 2 DL380 servers connected to a RA4000 disk array via Fibre channel to form a cluster. I installed the first node of the cluster using the guided install procedure in Smart Start and created the cluster no problem. I am trying to install the second node. Smart Start indicated that I needed to manually install due to the fibre channel and being the second node in a cluster. NT install does not see any drives from the embedded 32 bit smart array controller. I could add them using the S option and inserting a floppy but I can't find drivers for the embedded controller. Why does the second node have problems that the first didn't ?? Do I need to provide files on a floppy, and if so, where can I get a copy of them?
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: When installing NT, it does not recognize any drives

The intergrated smart array controller is 4th generation controller and the drivers on the floppy works until the NTSSD's are applied. The drives will not be seen or detected during manual install, unless the F6 is hit way before the NT install scan and copy files. Recommend to hit F6 as soon as the NT blue screen appear. Make sure that the 2nd node is isolated from the primary node and it is standalone during initial setup. Apply NT Svcpaq and Compaq NTSSD's ASAP before rebooting.