ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755814 Members
4729 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp ProLiant DL320 G5 Diagnostic Utility Screen at Startup

Kouri

hp ProLiant DL320 G5 Diagnostic Utility Screen at Startup

I have a ProLiant DL320, 2GB RAM, 2x 750GB SATA HDD, 2 Port SATA Controller with RAID 0/1 support. I'm preparing to install redhat 5 on it. Booted it up, went into BIOS and change date. Restarted the machine, then I get the HP Proliant screen, then I get a DIAGNOSTIC UTILITY screen, with a menu for Memory Test, CPU Test, etc.. It does not respond to the keyboard or mouse. Does anyone have any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Re: hp ProLiant DL320 G5 Diagnostic Utility Screen at Startup

What version of smart start cd do you have? are you doing it with a keyboard and mouse directly attached to the server or are you using ILO or a remote tool to do it?
Kouri

I don't use any smart start cd or OS CD. cdrom with smartstar doesn't boot.
Joost Cassee

I have the exact same problem on a ProLiant DL320. Changed the date in the BIOS, reboot puts me in the diagnostics utility and my keyboard no longer works. Did you get the problem fixed?
Kouri

I asked HP to change me the server
Shane Serwe

I am also having this problem. I tried using the smart start 8.20 disk to install Windows 2003 Server but for some reason it doesn't support the RAID controller in the DL320... I thought that was strange, but that isn't really a problem. After I took the disk out, popped in the 2003 Server disk, and restarted, I also got this diagnostic screen with no keyboard response. I tried both USB and PS2 keyboards and cannot get past this screen...
Joost Cassee

An HP support engineer told me to reset the BIOS using the system maintenance switch. That fixed the problem, and it hasn't happened again after I changed the system date.