1754064 Members
2875 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: proliant ML110 G5 locks up after install windows 2003 x64

EdwardL2008
Occasional Contributor

proliant ML110 G5 locks up after install windows 2003 x64

I am trying to install windows server 2003 x64 bit edition onto my new proliant ML 110 G5 server, but it keeps locking up after the first reboot. I cannot press control-alt-delete to log in the second time after installing the operating system. No matter what I do. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me.
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

which controller server has?
which driver are you using?

if you have an smart array controller you can use Easy Setup CD

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=MTX-43b9aecd93834f978134bb10a9&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
EdwardL2008
Occasional Contributor

I am not using any array configuration in the server. I am using the standard drivers (the broadcom network card, standard video card (matrox I believe)). I have also just loaded the intel chipset drivers for the server (dated July 2007 as that is the newest file I can find from the HP website). The windows 2003 x64 disk installs fine and reboots for the first time. It is just after I install the intel chipset driver that the lock up occurs. In this case, the keyboard and mouse don't respond and I cannot press control-alt-delete after the reboot to get things to work. I don't want to use an array as I want access to all 4 drives as c, d, e and f. Also the only cd I have seen is the HP proliant Ml110 G5 support and documentation CD (bootable diagnostic utility). It is version 1.00. What else could be wrong. Should I get a newer chipset driver disk or file somewhere else. Help me if you can.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

oh I forgot if you ca not log in
try safe mode uninstall actual driver the one from 2007 you got

and reboot and install the one I linked above

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!