2686 Online
108862 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

proliant ML370 - trouble after running system erase utility

apache_1
Regular Advisor

proliant ML370 - trouble after running system erase utility

Hi guys,

I need your help (again!). Following is the sequence of events that lead to my problem.

1. To be able to "quick install" a program (e-commerce suite), I decided to run a system erase on a testing server that we had and install a fresh windows 2000 system on it. (that was one of the requirements of being able to do quick install)

2. While I was shutting it down to reboot it from smart start 6.4 that I have, I saw a red light flash on one of the hard drives, I pulled it out to take a look at it and forgot to reinsert it.

3. I booted from the smart start cd and ran the system erase utility.

4. Now, when I try to run the set up utility, it checks the hardware and complains of missing array controller, which I guess was the other drive. On running the array config utility, it does not find the required drivers.

What should I do?? Can I start from scratch?? NOw every time the system boots it compalins of "SCSI bios not installed"!..

Please help me as I am not a sys-admin and alwasy find myself drawn into one server thing or the other..

Thanks a lot in adavance.. Keep up the good work!!

apache
2 REPLIES 2
apache_1
Regular Advisor

Re: proliant ML370 - trouble after running system erase utility

actually, it seems that the primary controller has failed.. it does not read that drive and complains that scsi bios can not be found.. i guess my last choice would be to boot directly from a windows 2000 cd and forget smart start..

pleae help!
apache_1
Regular Advisor

Re: proliant ML370 - trouble after running system erase utility

problem solved..