1756152 Members
3349 Online
108842 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

proliant dl380 usb dos

Remij

proliant dl380 usb dos

Hi all,

I'm trying to make an image with ghost from a proliant dl380 on a maxtor usb harddrive started with a dosbootable CD-ROM.
I've updated the bios firmware. In ghost i see the usb harddrive as disk 1 with only 8 gb. I can't select it in save image. Has someone experienced the same and was able to resolve this.

Thanks Remij
2 REPLIES 2
srinath raju
Advisor

Re: proliant dl380 usb dos

Hi Remij,
Firstly You have not specified the capacity of the USB drive.

Which ver of Norton Ghosr are you using?

Technically speaking the hardware needs to match for imaging. Atleast the motherboard and and HDD. This might be on of the reasons that you are not able to perform the task.

The other way you can do is to save the image on to the system drive and than transfer the same to the USB drive.

Regards

Srinath
Remij

Re: proliant dl380 usb dos

I use ghost 2003. The maxtor drive is a 3200 personal storage drive 250 Gb. What I can't understand is that on every PC or laptop this configuration works only on a server which you use for business things don't fit. I will try ghost 9.0. My last effort on this. I've already tried all the changes concerning USB in the bios. I put an usb hub between the disk and the port on the server, i've tried all the usbports.
And I don't have enough diskspace to save the image on the server itself.

Greetings Remij