108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: smartstart for proliant 5000

SOLVED
Go to solution
bruno fournier
Occasional Contributor

smartstart for proliant 5000

Which Smartstart CD version do I need to set up a proliant 5000 server with Windows 2000 advance server and 5 SCSI disks?

thx

Bruno
5 REPLIES 5
Chris Stoneley
Frequent Advisor

5.50 is best, available from HP for about $28 delivered. Just got mine in the mail today.

Chris
Stephen Grimmer
Trusted Contributor
Solution

SmartStart 5.50

It is available here as the last link on the page...

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/subscription/PSM_subscription.html

Chris Stoneley
Frequent Advisor

Bruno,

I discovered quite by accident last night that if you run the system erase utility first, then the SmartStart 5.50 CD runs through a completely different set of options on restart - allowing you to do an assisted install of NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

I've ordered Windows 2000 Advanced Server - will hopefully be here by the weekend - so I'll let you know how it goes.

Chris
bruno fournier
Occasional Contributor

Sorry I took sometime to answer,
so smartstart 5.50 is the one for sure? Cause if I look at the specs of that CD it doesn't mention the proliant series...just the same I bought one on Ebay for 19$ will wait and see..

Bruno

P.S. haven't figured out how to attribute points to your answer
Chris Stoneley
Frequent Advisor

Annoyingly enough I bought my SmartStart CD from HP ($28.11 including tax & shipping) only to find out you CAN download it:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=801747

Points are attributed by selecting the drop down beside the title of the reply and attributing the points using the button at the bottom...

Thanks,

C>

P.S. Have acuired significant documentation & experience on 5000 over the last month or so - if you'd like to trade notes my e-mail is cdstoneley a*t earthlink d*o*t net